When I called 2-1-1 because someone told me they could help with nutrition, I never expected to get fresh food. They sent me to a food pantry where I got 3 onions, 4 potatoes, 4 bananas, orange, brown rice, black beans, 3 artichokes, raspberries, packaged lettuce for salad, carrots, purple cabbage, and chicken breast. I called 2-1-1 again right away and asked if I could go back to the pantry again and they told me I could go every week if I needed food. I would never have found about this if it weren’t for the people at 2-1-1!
Reports & Resources
- Service Areas
- Types of Services
- Who is Calling and the Professionals Who Are Helping Them
- Benefits of Statewide, Connected 2-1-1 System
- A Valuable Resource for California’s State Agencies
- Call Centers Are Experienced Handling California State Agency Calls
- 2-1-1s Can Do Even More for Agencies Moving Forward
- Helping with Emergency Response, Crime Prevention and other Community Needs
- 2-1-1 Relieves Pressure on 9-1-1 and Emergency Response Teams
- A Valuable, Easy-to-Remember Referral Number for Public Safety Personnel
- Valuable Tool for Connecting to Youth Resources
- Connects Children and Parents to Many Critical Youth and Family Programs
- Plays Important Role in Keeping Children Healthy and Safe
- A Resource for Teachers
Trial by Fire
2-1-1 played a critical role during the San Diego wildfires of 2007 by providing information and support to more than 130,000 residents in 5 days.
California Tsunami Warning Response
The network of 2-1-1 providers in California is currently responding to calls related to the tsunami generated by the 8.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan.
Resolution Recognizes California 2-1-1 Day
The California State Assembly presented a resolution, authored by Assembly Speaker John A. Pérez, which recognizes February 11, 2011 as statewide 2-1-1 Day.
2-1-1 California Receives Federal Grant to Increase Internet Access and Use
A coalition of California nonprofits led by the California Emerging Technology Fund will work to bridge the technology divide in vulnerable and low-income communities.
February 11th is National 2-1-1 Day
February 11 (2-11) is officially “2-1-1 Day” in recognition of the free, confidential, easy to remember phone number that connects California residents to essential community information and services such as healthcare, rent and mortgage assistance, food and shelter, job training, transportation, childcare, senior care, veteran services and much more.